Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life long struggle..

So I've struggled with not liking my body since puberty. Ups and downs of weight loss and gain. Always active in sports, basketball and volleyball. But always being the "big girl with the pretty face". Like so many women, I stay happy and smiling but am so sad with this looming inside of me. I know I should be happy with this body that God gave me. Yet selfishly, I'm not. I have been blessed with a husband that loves me for me. God knew I needed someone to love me like that! 

But I have decided to step out and not hide. Let's do this! Get this awful weight off and encourage those women around me to come together and not just be a pretty face but a Hot Mama. Curves that contour, not waves with bumps and road blocks :)

Every week I will be blogging how the previous week went. The ups and downs, highs and lows. It might get ugly for a bit, but that's the road I choose. I'm not looking for perfection, just happiness within myself. You want to chime in, say what you want. Enjoy your freedom of voicing your opinion. Honesty goes a long way in my book.

Today....is the day.

My goal weight is 170
My current weight is 240 (this is huge step! Me telling You My weight)
My height is 5' 8"
Now I know the charts say I should be 145, but again, I'm looking for happiness not perfection. I love being curvy and enjoy actually eating and trying new foods.
Just being honest! :)

See you next week!!

P.S. thank you Cadie for your encouraging words a few days ago!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll be praying for you. I need to start making exercise a bigger priority in my life as well as I'm ready for the "baby weight" to come off.

    You are braver than I because I won't list my weight, but then again, I don't think it is all about weight as while I weigh more now than after the previous pregnancy, I'm in smaller clothes and when I was younger I was the same size twice even though there was a 20lb difference.

    Muscle weighs more so don't get discouraged if the scale isn't saying what you want, but you are shrinking in measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darcy. I do realize measurements are more important to me as well. I do have a goal of fitting into a 12-14.

    ReplyDelete