Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Am Super Mom

I've been saying this pretty consistantly these days. It's not that I feel like I'm better than any mom or wife. It's just that even I can't believe what I get accomplished. :)
Any normal woman would throw up her arms and say forget it. But me, no, of course not. LOL! As you can tell just by having 5 children that I'm odd. I like being the odd woman at the store with 4 kids asking for new toothbrushes while I'm feeding a newborn and a lady saying I have my hands full, and I haven't even started grocery shopping. Then realizing I didn't change  my shirt from working in the kitchen all day. LOL!
So why not add more craziness to my life and add crocheting, homeschooling and getting busy in the kitchen with freezer meals. I wish I had enough time in the day to add so much more! Is that crazy? Or is my Super Mom coming out?
I've been thinking about this a lot. What am I really trying to accomplish when I get into Super Mom mode??
I've decided it's the 3 big goals in my life that I want to fulfill.
1. I want and always have wanted my children to see me as a wife/mother that they want to resemble. Godly, loving, and full of joy and happiness.
My life verse says..Psalms 100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness, come before his presence with singing...
2. Make my husband proud and honored for me, Super Mom, to be his wife. I take marriage very serious! These days you have to, not many marriages stay together anymore. Have I made mistakes? Umm...shamefully yes. And my heart just thumps in sadness when those mistakes are made. Yet remember ...I'm not perfect, I am a sinner. God has found that perfect man just for me. Eric and I fit so perfectly its kind of scary at times :)
3. To honor and please our God. God has blessed me with this life of being a mom/wife, a dream come true. Why wouldn't I go to extreme for Him?! I was blessed with knowing and believing in God since I was very young. Again, I'm not perfect, God isn't wanting perfection. He's wanting growth.
I Am Super Mom....so now when you see me saying this or reading it somewhere, you now know....I'm not trying to give my ego a boost. I'm reminding myself of my challenge, do my very best..I have my God, husband and kids to give my very best too.
So to all you moms and wifes out there...Super Moms Unite!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment