Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tell time to stand still

Now that I have kids, time is just slipping by. Sure there are days I wish would go faster(moms know about those days ;) but most days I'd love time to stop yet let me keep going!
How can it be that I have 5 children and the oldest is 7 already?? When I had the first 4 all under the age of 3, its officially a blur. Don't ask me when they got their first tooth, or when they potty trained cause I don't remember. It might sound horrible but I was taking care of their needs, and life when into fast motion. Now I have 2 girls who want their ears pierced and the boys want motorcycles. What?? What happen to being happy with ur babies and snuggling with mom?
Sure I understand I'm not number one when daddy is home :) but Geesh!
Barron was ready to help in the kitchen today, pouring in the ingredients and wanting to pour the batter(mom said no to that :) pretty soon he'll be able to make his own lunch instead of mom helping him :( 
Forrest opens the door to the kitchen just to say 'I love you mom', then runs off to play again. I don't ever want that to stop.
Olivia, I couldn't ask for a better helper. Sure she doesn't want to all the time. But she is growing up into quite the young lady. Sonja is, well, she's my free spirit. Sure she gets into trouble on a daily basis ;) but she is the kindest little girl. And loves to make friends. I'm not ready for them to grow up and want to play with their friends more than be with me.
Baby Liam has brought out even more love and compassion from each one of us. More than I even imagined.
Tell time to stand still....yes, I'm being selfish! I think I have every right! Even though time WON'T listen, it will keep ticking away. With every tick, I want it to remind me of how important it is to absorb every moment.....
God, thank you for my children and all their different personalities. Thank you for our daily joys and ups and down. Don't let me forget the little things and keep in mind there are many big moments to come. May I be there in their time of need. Giving them the right words so they will follow the right path, Your path. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment