Monday, April 30, 2012

Chapter 9- My Heart

I think as a woman and a mother I have a caring heart. But this chapter makes you look at yourself to see if your willing to act on that caring heart.
Are we one of those that enjoy the listening, reading, and worshipping! Yet don't act, and neglect all those that are need of our care around us. REMEMBER: Jesus didn't just preach it, He lived it! Shouldn't that be out daily motto?

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

1. Justice- seeking solutions that are fair, reasonable, objective and expressive of the love of Christ. Does this describe you??
2. Mercy-have a hearty interest in doing things that bless and impact others' lives. This is what God's mercy looks toward you and me. Why isn't it how we look towards others'?
3. Humility-put justice and mercy together and you get humility. When your walking humility and trusting Him. Dont you think He will show you your next "mission", so you can receive it and respond to it with humility?
Are you worried about change? That you would have to change your life and make yourself uncomfortable? I am! Yet I want to walk the walk of humility. Like He has done for me! I'm going to act now! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment