Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chapter 11- Fulfilling My Husband

Are you willing to change you for the good of your marriage/relationship? Are you that commited? Are you all in? Or hanging on for dear life?
Eric and I dated for 6 years. Would I wait that long again? Not really ;) and yes, Eric agrees he shouldn't have waited that long. But boy did we learn a lot from each other in those years. Coming from really different backgrounds.
Going into marriage I was fully aware what Eric was looking for in a wife. And of course I fully agreed to fulfil those needs. And I totally agree with this chapter that says your husband wants to be your hero. When he knows that, all of a sudden he has "super human strength". Don't you agree?
If your constantly nagging him, complaining, or your voice is overwhelmingly loud. Do you honestly think he is going to want to be YOUR hero? Your being a pain. And now you think you deserve fulfillment from him. HA! Not even close!
It am constantly aware of what comes out of my mouth. Not that I don't disagree with him at times. But I promise you, you will NEVER see me put down my husband in front if others. Even in front of girlfriends. I see it as disrespectful. Yes, we will laugh at the odd things they do. But I feel like I need to talk about my husband like he is in the room. No one likes to be put down or made fun of. Do you? Respect is a two way street!
Also, I want to add that I have taught myself when to be quiet and just listen. Especially when its tough not to! No, I am far from perfect on this. But I really what my tongue. Eric asks my opinion constantly. But I know when its time to zip it. Otherwise I could be starting to get disrespectful.
The author did add add a tiny bit to the "bedroom" scenerio. And I just wanted to add.....what makes him happy. Makes me happy. Your attitude is a huge help to your "hero's" attitude. You might have had a long day, yet so has he! Don't be selfish! This will make your marriage a smoother one!
This is a great chapter! And I have a lot to say about it but!! I will his add, honoring him will only make your marriage stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment