Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Staying accountable....

I receive compliments constantly of how well we parent. Or even how our children are so well behave. "You must be doing something right" they say. It might look like we are perfect parents, but boy, learning comes at all ages of life.
But there is a hard trait that I will own up to.  I am not perfect (say what?? Your not perfect :)and I'm the first to admit to it that. My sharp tongue....
This is my down fall!! I have my dads short fuse and sharp mouth. I know it and truly find it a horrible trait. That I am trying to break. I catch myself, telling myself, "you sound like your father!" I am no Mrs. Duggar. She speaks softly and gently to her children.
Well, since I keep catching myself. I started apologizing to my kids. They don't need that sharpness to learn, listen and obey! I have reached the point of counting to 10. Before reacting or saying anything. I can not stand to see their hurt faces any more. I know they need to be corrected, when they get out of hand.  But I'm the adult, the mother, the Christian who needs to stand accountable. So as I write this....I am standing here, being accountable. To myself, my children and my Lord

Proverbs 15:4 NIV

The soothing tongue is a tree of life,
but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 15:32 NIV

Those who disregard discipline despise themselves,
but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment