Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chapter 3- Authentically Me

I'm going to blend all 4 sections together in this chapter. This chapter is all about Me, and You.
We are perfectly picked from His hands. Do you realize how valuable you are? I don't all the time. My self image has always been low. But being overweight affects the brain and how the world views you affects my self image. My self worth goes up and down as well. I think thats with every women!?
I have never gotten many kind words from my dad. Not that he was mean. He just wasnt into giving out compliments. Not until this last year, did my dad actually give me many compliments. Did you know that when he gave me a compliment my self worth jumped a mile up into the air!? Why? Because I have made my own self worth through the years. Not waiting around for him to "bless" me with his words. I knew I wouldn't get anything from my dad. So I made sure to push through and work hard to show everyone else my worth. I didn't want that one distraction to lessen my self worth. I knew my potential was great!
(Jeremiah 1:5 I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.)
Reading/listening to His words......... Like a daughter to her Father. He chose, set apart , and annointed me!  On purpose! For, A purpose! For some reason I feel a glow around me when I think about God choosing me! I feel like I can embrace my special role/roles. But do you know your role? Or do u feel like ur still floating around not sure where to plant your feet. If you think about it and accept it. He has selected the "soil" where you're presently growing. He knows what is going to happen next. How you will reach your potential and use your gifts. To grow. To yield. To produce. Do you know your value in God's eyes? Like the author said....."Resolve to love being you, the way He loved creating you."
What makes you unique? Ask yourself. Ask others. Write them down! Your strengths and weaknesses. Accept and treasure your value! We never need to depend on others approval or compliments but yet as women we feel vindicated when we do get those from other women.
This chapter is about accepting yourself. Your unique self. Not everyone is going to like it. But it was made with a hand of your Father. Grow, Yield, Produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment