Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January is done!

Well, well, well......January was a true success! I've never had this kind of success. Lost 3 lbs a week, too round out the month with a 12 lb weight lost.
Half way through I wanted to quit because I was at the point of "weight loss was not happening so why keep going?" But thanks to encouraging words from friends, that are also trying to loose weight, I continued on. And boy, am I ever thankful to them!
On Sunday, January 29, I have also started the South Beach diet, phase 1. Phase 1, I thought would be a huge challenge. But it really hasn't. I am feeling great! I still have to watch myself with the snacking. That's what has always been a downfall. Grab something unhealthy for a quick something to pass the time.
Phase 1 is a 2 week phase that involves no sugar. I mean NONE! I haven't had one treat, nor bread, in 4 days! Carb's are my "crack" addiction. Ever since I was little! I have a picture of myself sneaking into a cracker box when I was 5. That picture, as adorable as it is ;) tells me a lot.
I know I have been a very active child, and adult. But my problem has always been eating choices. And the amount. I love food! You can tell more than half my family is from the south :) Mmmmm, butter, carbs and dessert!! Paula Deen style!
So here we go into February. Goal- another 12 lbs!! I have 8 more days of Phase 1. Then I am going to do another round of body measurements. I will also see if I want to continue another round of Phase 1 or move on to Phase 2.

(Now on another note....the kids. I have not changed their diet to Phase 1. I have however added many more vegetables to their daily lives. I've still had to make some changes. But they are taking it like good troopers!)

Here we go.....February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment