Friday, January 20, 2012

Chapter 1- Surprisingly Satisfied

Every Bite Counts
Do you ever start reading a book and in the first paragraph you get a 'slap' of HELLO! PAY ATTENTION! It's happen to me before and boy did it happen again.
First off, I just turned 36 and so did the author. Then on page 15, in the first paragraph...."That's been me." That is so me! Always looking for the next joyful moment and not pausing to enjoy the joyful moments every day.
Contentment- 1 Timothy 6:6 True godliness with contentment is itself wealth.
So have you been doing the same? Looking for that next great, better experience?

The Secret
A few years ago, we went through a trying time. I was just trying to make it through that trial. Forget about what was going on around me. Including my children. I missed so much because of that. Moments I won't get back.
I believe everyone goes through a phase or phases of discontentment. Whether if its your spouse, your marriage, your boss, your children, your life, your family and even your weight. Do you realize what word is in front of each of those problem areas? YOUR... It ends up all about YOU.
Philippians 4:13... I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
2 Corinthians 9:8 God is able to make every grace overflow to you....
        **God is the secret.**
When we choose to realize and fully engage our life open to Him. Finally we can and will live our lives to the fullest! So was it really a secret or were we just hiding it for a rainy day?
On page 22, these are some great questions!! I'm going to do this. I hope you do as well.

Overflowing Blessing
"Give, and it will be given to you." Stop the complaining. Open your eyes and see the reward God gave you. Contentment! Like the author said "Live this moment. Pour yourself out. Drain the experience of each preciouse day. And be prepared for God's overflowing blessing."  All I have to say to that is AMEN!!  Give of yourself. How does your heart feel?

Don't forget to record your thoughts. So when you finish this book and see how your thoughts have grown from beginning to end of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment